You Want: A company that’s going places! Controls Engineer-l-ll
MGS Machine Corporation is a successful, privately owned company that provides engineered-to-order machinery worldwide. Our business is growing, complex, dynamic and always changing. We are thrilled to have been recently recognized as Manufacturer of the Year by the Manufacture’s Alliance of Minnesota. With our remarkable team of talented employees, we are a values-driven organization that strives to live up to tenets such as caring for our community, rigorous problem solving and exceptional teamwork. See our website for videos of our employees describing our environment and why MGS is their workplace of choice.
This key role is responsible for the creation of controls/electrical design and programs that meet the technical, project cost, and schedule criteria of projects. Leading projects through the design and also being the primary technical contact (both internally and externally) through manufacturing, assembly, debug, final acceptance, and service
- Concept Develop / Design to Standards: Develops and maintains standards in design of control systems for new models and modules. Concept and layout of the controls, electrical and pneumatic systems for assigned projects. Develops efficient software programs for assigned projects
- Deliver Project Scope/Schedule/Budget: Attend, support and document Concept and Design Reviews
- Documentation: Maintain all technical documentation for assigned projects including but not limited to Functional Specifications, schematics, programs
- Lead Design Teams: Project lead technical contact providing project support through manufacturing, assembly and debug and final acceptance. Programming support throughout the assembly debug process.
- Technical Expert/Support: Keep abreast of new applicable technologies. Provide Service support for past projects. Support internal and customer design reviews
- Implement Product Standards: Maintain engineering standards
- BSEE with 5+ years of AA with 7+ years of automation experience, packaging industry preferred
- Proficient in electrical design software, AutoCAD Electrical preferred
- Specific, demonstrated experience working with:
- High speed, 200+rpm, intermittent and continuous motion machinery
- PLC and computer programming and interfaces
- Servo/Stepper motor control and associated software
- Machine robotics
- Pneumatic and vacuum circuits
- Schematics and machine wiring
- Proven problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Effective interpersonal skills working with-in a team environment
- Strong planning and prioritization skills including the ability to work with limited supervision
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Some travel may be required (less than 20% expected average).
- Typical office environment, but frequently works in a manufacturing environment with exposure to moving mechanical parts and moderate noise level.
To be considered for this opportunity, all qualified applicants should send their resume directly to our Open.Positions@mgsmachine.com.